Welcome Imaging and Microscopy Facility
Welcome to the Imaging and Microscopy Facility (IMF) at UC Merced. The IMF suite hosts optical, scanning and transmission electron microscopes, in addition to equipment for preparing specimens for examination. We serve campus researchers in the physical sciences, biological sciences, and engineering; and have a particular focus on nanotechnology. This facility offers students and researchers a range of materials characterization techniques, including advanced imaging, elemental analysis, and structure determination.
Electron Microscopy - Technical information about Microscopy at IMF.
- ESEM - Scanning Electron Microscopy. General information and capabilities
- SEM Training Manual - Download a copy of IMF's Training Manual
- TEM - Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy. General information and capabilities
- Training - Brief description and cost for SEM and TEM Training
- Information on becoming a facility user
- Policies of the facility
- User Tools
- IMF'S Image Gallery Images taken by the users of the IMF.
- Vacuum Evaporation Coating Thickness Calculator Calculates the length of wire to use for a given desired coating thickness.
Personnel - General information about members of the IMF's staff.
IMF's Instrument Rates - Click on recharge rates
Other Sites that may be of Interest:
Comments, questions, or suggestions for this server should go to: email@example.com